[Web4lib] OneWebDay (9/22) - Any Plans?

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Aug 22 16:52:46 EDT 2007

[sorry for cross-posting]

OneWayDay is coming up in a month (Sat. 9/22) and it seems like
something that might interest librarians:

"The essence of OneWebDay is to create a global constituency that thinks
of itself as responsible for the future of the internet, so that when
negative things happen (censorship, restricted access, heavy-handed law
enforcement control) people will act."  http://www.onewebday.org/?p=228

One of the main organizers is Susan Crawford who's quite an impressive
authority on telecommunications and net neutrality.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had anything planned.  (FWIW, my own
plans include taping some faculty/staff/students at UIC on how the Web
has changed their lives and then putting the thing up on YouTube.)

You can read more about the event at: http://www.onewebday.org

LEO

www.leoklein.com (site)
www.ChicagoLibrarian.com (blog)