[Web4lib] loading ebooks locally / archive?

Edward Spodick lbspodic at ust.hk
Tue Aug 14 21:25:48 EDT 2007

We keep the archive.  We have no current plans to do anything with them.  We would like to have the option to actually do so.  I was surprised to learn that some of the archives are quite incomplete and almost totally useless.  Our Gale reference e-book archives, for example, are XML files with a DTD file reference, but the DTD file itself is not provided, which makes it difficult to even validate the data; and many elements of the content, such as graphics, are also not included in the so-called "archive".

Edward F Spodick, Information Technology Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
lbspodic at ust.hk  tel:852-2358-6743 fax:852-2358-1043