[Web4lib] alternative client communication technologies

janette treanor janettetreanor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 21:49:42 EDT 2007

Morning.

I am investigating alternative client communication technologies in order
to offer additional, effective, efficient, low cost ways for our clients to
contact us for information.
At the moment, I am looking to test an SMS service, an IM service and a VoIP
service. I would like to offer full range of text, voice, video with
possible desktop sharing for training and demonstrating.

I would like to learn from your experience and hear your advice ;-)

Does anyone have any tip, tricks, does, donts, reports, papers, articles,
statistics, survey results, how it worked best for you, what didn't work for
you, and so on that you are able to share?

If the results of this project become a conference presentation, I can share
the information with anyone interested.

Thank you in advance and enjoy the rest of the day
janette