[Web4lib] RE: [lita-l] No library resources on list of top 100 learning tools

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 17:31:22 EDT 2007

  This "top 100" list has a mighty long tail...

  Ninety experts each were asked to identify what they thought were their top ten learning tools. The "top 100" list was compiled from these "top 10" lists. Over half of the items on the top 100 list were mentioned by 4 or fewer (less than 5%) of the experts. Seventeen of the items were mentioned by only 2 of the 90 experts on their personal lists.

  I'm certainly no statistician, so I don't know how significant this is...still...

  Bernie Sloan

"Junus, Ranti" <junus at mail.lib.msu.edu> wrote:
  Not to be a nitpick, but if I was asked about identifying tools in a
learning context,
it would probably won't cross my mind to put library resources as well.
I'd list tools that I use to bring library resources to me (libX,
zotero, and alike.)

They have some interesting tools that I haven't encountered yet.
Interesting...

ranti.
--
Ranti Junus, Web Services/Electronic Resources
Michigan State University Libraries

W5jbQ--> on Yahoo! Travel.