[Web4lib] REMINDER: Brief Survey of Social Networking by Academic Librarians and Libraries

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Aug 7 13:25:04 EDT 2007

***APOLOGIES FOR RECEIPT OF DUPLICATE POSTINGS***

Reminder: Brief Survey of Social Networking by Academic Librarians and
Libraries

Friends/

***A Quick Reminder About a Quick Survey***

For a variety of purposes, I have created a brief 10-question
SurveyMonkey survey on the presence of College and Research Libraries in
one or more of the more popular Social Networking Sites (Facebook,
MySpace, Orkut.etc.)

For those who have not already done so, I would most appreciate if my
Friends (and/or Enemies) [:-)] Complete The  Survey by this Friday

I have embedded the Survey Link within my posting on the survey in my
_Friends_ blog

[
http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2007/08/library-presence-in-social-networking.html
]

The survey requests basic information about library and institutional
presence in any of the major Social Networking Sites, as well personal
and/or professional membership.

The survey should take no longer than 5-10 minutes (10-15 if you*re
over 50) [:-) [Like Moi]

***ACT NOW: The Sale Ends This Friday, August 10, 2007***

And Do Spread the Word About The Survey !!!

Thanks for participating!

***BTW: I Plan/Hope to Post A Summary of Key Results by September
1st***

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

!!! Social Networking is People !!!
[ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]