[Web4lib] Brief Survey of Social Networking Sites Presence of College and Research Libraries

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Wed Aug 1 18:19:32 EDT 2007

Brief Survey of Social Networking Sites Presence of College and Research
Libraries

Friends/

For a variety of purposes, I have created a brief 10-question
SurveyMonkey survey on the presence of College and Research Libraries in
one or more of the more popular Social Networking Sites (Facebook,
MySpace, Orkut)

I would most appreciate if my Friends (and/or Enemies) [:-)] take this
survey within the next 10 days

I have embedded the Survey Link within my posting on the survey in my
_Friends_ blog

[
http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2007/08/library-presence-in-social-networking.html
]

The survey requests basic information about library and institutional
presence in any of the major Social Networking Sites, as well personal
and/or professional membership.

The survey should take no longer than 10-15 minutes (15-20 if you*re
over 50) [:-)

NOTE: Survey Ends on Friday, August 10, 2007 (a week from this Friday)

And Feel Free To Spread the Word About The Survey !!!

Thanks for participating!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

!!! Social Networking is People !!!
[ http://www.facebook.com/p/Gerry_McKiernan/16926735  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]