[Web4lib] Skills for Library 2.0 Leaders

Greb, Jennifer jgreb at tulsalibrary.org
Mon Apr 30 10:43:53 EDT 2007

Hi, All,

I'm curious to know what you all (the experts) think are essential
skills for librarians who might be coordinating "Library 2.0" technology
in their libraries.  I think that the ability to present trainings,
build teams, make plans, etc, are essential, but I'm especially
interested in knowing about the technical skills needed.  Does one just
need to know how to use RSS, wikis, blogs, and so on, and contract with
vendors or others to make it work with the library website, or do you
think such a staff person needs to know ColdFusion, PHP, and other very
technical skills?

On a secondary note, what job titles have you heard of that would
describe such a position?  I've heard Internet Librarian, Virtual Branch
Manager, and various others...

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Jennifer Greb, Coordinator