[Web4lib] Librarians Create Bestseller

Mark Sandford mark.autocat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:03:06 EDT 2007

My objection is to the "experiment" claims.  If this is a real
experiment, do the following:

Charge a nominal price using the cheapest Print on Demand publisher
you can find.  Even this is a stretch, but I don't know what
Amazon.com requires in order to list a book.  I'm assuming you can't
sell a single blank page for $.01  But if you can, sell the blank
page.

Donate all proceeds to a charity.

Self-promotion is fine, in my opinion, as long as it's clearly that,
though the topic of the book has nothing to do with this listserv.
Asking people to buy something that you will profit from in the guise
of an experiment is questionable at best.

Mark Sandford