[Web4lib] Hourly IT services (in Chicagoland)

Ben Haines bhaines at forestparkpubliclibrary.org
Wed Apr 25 14:22:45 EDT 2007

Hi all.  Once again, I turn to the collective brains of the list...

I'm wondering if there any other libraries that use in-house staff for
most day-to-day IT work, but bring in the professionals--perhaps at an
hourly rate--when some problem exceeds the staff's expertise. If so, are
you satisfied with this arrangement? I'm wondering whether it is worth
it to continue paying a monthly fee for IT support, when so much of what
the company does is just rebooting our machines.

Also, can anyone recommend an company in the Chicagoland area that
provides hourly IT services?

Thanks much,
 Ben

--