Subject: Re: [Web4lib] Content Management Systems

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Tue Apr 24 11:04:41 EDT 2007

Just because I haven't pimped Plone in a while :-)

Mark Sandford wrote:
> If you're  planning on using a CMS, I'd start with it right away.  Most
> of them  won't use your HTML files as they exist now.  They'll either
> need to be  converted (do any CMS products do this? Convert basic HTML
> sites?) or redone  in the CMS.  Generally, the CMS will store the
> webpage information in  something other than the HTML it will use to
> display the page.

Plone stores all content in its native format for the most part; it's possible to use something like WebDav (and drag and drop) to transfer a static HTML site right into Plone. For really large sites, folks have written scripts to automate the entire process.

Cheers,
Darci

--
Darci Hanning