[Web4lib] Web Authoring Software / XML

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Mon Apr 23 13:07:14 EDT 2007

I think that Dreamweaver is a great tool for coding, as long as you use it
in the coding mode, and learn the basics before you start using its myriad
tools. It has a very comrehensive help system.

Once you now how to code, the design mode can save time. When you are
getting started, it gets in the way of learning to code.

I started coding HTML in 1994 using BBedit on a Mac, and now use
Dreamweaver, TextPad and VIM (text mode Linux). I really wanted to love
Eclipse, the open source programmer's editor, but I haven't made it to
tolerate yet.

I suggest that you avoid anything from Microsoft, including Notepad, Word
and Frontpage.

Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company
http://www.chillco.com