[Web4lib] Print style sheet question

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Apr 18 20:43:26 EDT 2007

 I am trying to get an embedded style sheet for printing to work for
both FireFox and Internet Explorer.  In Firefox I am running up against
the problem with long divs.  Is there any solution to it?  My second
problem is getting both IE and Firefox to avoid inserting page breaks in
the middle of images.  One page this can be seen on is
http://library.morrisville.edu/coye/artwork.html.  This page also
illustrates quite well the long div problem.  The print style works
quite well for most of the website.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Here is the css for printing:

body {

background: white;

font-size: 12pt;

font-family:Palatino,'Times New Roman',times,serif;

}

#menu { display: none; }

.singlecolumnfooter {display: none;}

#pickcampus {display: none}

#headerlinks {display: none}
#rss {display:none}
#footertable {display:none}
#siteidrow {display: none}
#footercontainer {display:none}
#libraryinformation {display:none}
#linkrow {display: none;}
#showflyout {display:none}
#copyright {display:none}
#left {display: none}
.textboxheader {font-size: 12pt;font-weight: bold;color: black}

#right {

width: auto;
margin: 0 5% 0 .25inches;

padding: 0;

border: 0;

float: none !important;

color: black;

background: transparent;

}

a:link, a:visited {

background: transparent;

font-weight: bold;

text-decoration: underline;

}

#b-navbar {

visibility: hidden;

}

/*Some rules about Page breaks */

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { page-break-after:avoid;

page-break-inside:avoid }
href { page-break-inside:avoid; }
img { page-break-inside:avoid;

page-break-after:avoid; }

blockquote, table, pre { page-break-inside:avoid }

ul, ol, dl { page-break-before:avoid }

}

/*]]>*/</style>

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
Morrisville State College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger: BillDrew4
http://claimid.com/billdrew
Facebook me <http://www.facebook.com/p/Bill_Drew/202201900>
Bill Drew's Wiki: http://billdrew.pbwiki.com/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
My Blog: http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin, 1759