[Web4lib] multiple host header values and google analytics

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Apr 17 16:55:45 EDT 2007

Another example of why not to change domain names.

IMO, you don't want to keep the old names working (that is, returning
status 200), in no small part because of the problem you're running into
here.  You need a good RedirectMatch Permanent header to get all of your
users--and their bookmark managers, and search engine crawlers--to stop
going to "http://oldname.org/foo/bar/baz.html" and get them over to
"http://newname.org/foo/bar/baz.html".  You did keep the rest of your
URLs the same, didn't you?

Thomas Dowling