[Web4lib] Contribute and EZproxy

Turner,Kathleen kt32 at drexel.edu
Wed Apr 11 11:47:29 EDT 2007

Oh, yeah!

BIG PITA!  We've been dealing with that for quite awhile -- my colleague
has been in touch with Contribute people numerous times with no help.

Workaround we've found is to put those urls in using the "HREF" box
towards the bottom of the "Insert Link" window, rather than the "Web
Address (URL)" box.  That seems to keep them intact.

I frequently find, though, that when pages have been edited urls can
"convert" themselves by some mysterious means, so I've learned to check
all proxied links whenever a page is touched by one of our editors.

We're pretty well satisfied otherwise with Contribute, but this is a big
enough problem for us to make us think about other options.

Kathleen

Kathleen H. Turner
Web/Education Librarian
W.W. Hagerty Library