[Web4lib] Contribute and EZproxy

Kyle Felker FelkerK at wlu.edu
Wed Apr 11 11:41:44 EDT 2007

Hi all;

I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help with-we are using
contribute to update our web pages, and have run into a snag placing
links to databases on pages.  Contribute seems to automatically encode
characters in the second half of an EZproxy URL, and it does so in such
a way that the links break when EZproxy tries to redirect.  for example,
I put a URL like this:

https://ezproxy.mylibrary.edu:2443/login?url=http://www.sciencedirect.com/science

And contribute then changes it to this:

https://ezproxy.wlu.edu:2443/login?url=http%3A//www.sciencedirect.com/science

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Any way to make contribute stop
doing it?  I could, of course, manually edit the links myself in
Dreamweaver or a multitude of other programs, but I'd rather not have to
be called on to go mess with a page anytime someone wants to insert a
link to a database.

Thanks for your help,
-Kyle

Kyle Felker
Technology Coordinator
Washington and Lee University Library
Phone: 540-458-8653
Email: felkerk at wlu.edu
Chat: geeklibrary (aol) techbookgeek (yahoo)