[Web4lib] Problem with CSS?

Marcin Malinowski malin at malin.net.pl
Mon Apr 2 15:06:10 EDT 2007

Hello,

On Monday, 2 April 2007 (18:13:25) Lisa wrote:

> I am new in my position as Access Services Librarian at
> Jefferson College, a community college in Hillsboro, MO.
> One of my projects is to find out why the library part of
> the webpage won't display properly in browsers besides IE.
> We have a webmaster and the various departments use Joomla
> to modify our individual pages.  So far I am comparing the
> main Jeffco site at http://www.jeffco.edu with the library
> page at http://www.jeffco.edu/library and for some reason,
> the gray buttons under the image will not show up in
> Firefox(on PC or Mac) or on Safari.  I see there is a script
> that is on the library page but not on the jeffco main page.
>  Removing it did not solve the problem.  Can anyone help?

There's several errors in library's site stylesheet:
Line 31 - delete the coma after the "tr" selector.
Line  72  -  add  an  unit  to  "padding" property. Only 0 can be left
without an unit.
Lines  281  and  938 - you missed the closing "}" in table.contentarea
and p.right selectors.

Fix it and see what happens. If there are still problems, we'll try to
figure out what to do next.

Always  remember  to  validate  your  stylesheets to see if there's no
typos or other errors. Try w3.org CSS validator:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

--
Regards,
Marcin Malinowski