[Web4lib] graphics based content filter

John Fitzgibbon jfitzgibbon at Galwaylibrary.ie
Wed Sep 27 09:40:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

Is there a good graphics based content filter that will automatically
prevent the browser from displaying certain images based on flesh tone?
We are concerned with blocking pornographic images. Is this possible?
Blocking pornographic text is not as great a concern for us.

Also, we are hoping to do this at the client side rather than through
the use of a proxy server.

Has this type of filtering software been largely discredited, or, are
there solutions out there worthy of consideration?

I would welcome any suggestions.

Regards
John

John Fitzgibbon

p: 00 353 91 562471
f: 00 353 91 565039
w: http://www.galwaylibrary.ie

Tá eolas atá príobháideach agus rúnda sa ríomhphost seo
agus aon iatán a ghabhann leis agus is leis an duine/na daoine
sin amháin a bhfuil siad seolta chucu a bhaineann siad.
Mura seolaí thú, níl tú údaraithe an ríomhphost nó aon iatán
a ghabhann leis a léamh, a chóipáil ná a úsáid.
Má tá an ríomhphost seo faighte agat trí dhearmad,
cuir an seoltóir ar an eolas thrí aischur ríomhphoist
agus scrios ansin é le do thoil.

This e-mail and any attachment contains information which is
private and confidential and is intended for the addressee
only. If you are not an addressee, you are not authorised
to read, copy or use the e-mail or any attachment.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by return e-mail and then destroy it.