[Web4lib] Update on website redesign

Diana Myers Hyatt dmyershyatt at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 15:28:16 EDT 2006

I want to thank everyone for their comments and opinions in what I began calling "Dueling Websites" between the Riverside Public Library and the city's IT department. We met with the IT staff where it was decided (not by me) that the library would go with IT's design so that everyone could retain their jobs (a compelling argument). However, IT has now had a change of heart. After looking at my version, IT has decided to implement some of the elements into their design. They also admitted I'm pretty darn handy with CSS code and can have total control for everything between the header and footer, as long as the design conforms to some extent with the city's other pages.

The IT version has just been put up with a few of my suggestions at http://www.riversideca.gov/library/ . It still needs a LOT of work and eventually I'll morph it into a CSS-based layout, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Again, thanks everyone. I'll reread everyone's suggestions as I rework this site.

Diana Myers Hyatt
Riverside Public Library