[Web4lib] Website Redesign Advice

Andrea Dinkelman adinkelm at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Tue Sep 19 12:53:37 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm part of a committee at Iowa State University (Parks Library) which
is coordinating an eventual redesign of our library website.

I'm curious to know the following:

1. Does your library utilize a content management system? If yes, which
product?

2. If you created a CMS from scratch, what did you use (e.g. PHP,
MySQL, etc.)?

3. Last, have any of you outsourced website design to a commercial
designer?

To date, I've reviewed some of the following resources: "Content and
Workflow Management for Library Web Sites: Case Studies" by Holly Yu;
"Creating Database-Backed Library Web Pages" by Stephen Westman; and
Library Hi Tech (V. 24 No. 1 2006-special issue on CMS).

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

Sincerely,

Andrea Dinkelman
Assistant Professor/Science & Technology Librarian
Parks Library
Iowa State University
515-294-6943
adinkelm at iastate.edu