[Web4lib] Library Web site redesign

Diana Myers Hyatt dmyershyatt at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 14:30:20 EDT 2006

Thanks Deborah for taking a look at the sites. I've
done a little informal testing similar to your
suggestions, but plan to do some more and incorporate
some of your ideas for questions. I found a book  on
web usability testing that takes a similar approach
called, "Don't make me think". I should send a copy to
our IT department.

I asked IT if they did any user testing and was told
they did not. When I mentioned it was hard to find
information, their web designer said, "They (the
users) will just have to figure it out." Kind of
scary. I'm hoping we can just go with my design. The
way I've designed it, it is easy to change and improve
as it grows.

Diana Myers Hyatt
dmyershyatt at yahoo.com