[Web4lib] Web Developer Position - Morrisville State College

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Sep 8 12:35:10 EDT 2006

I am posting this for information purposes.  Do not contact me about the
position.  I will delete any inquires sent to me. I do not have any more
information.  --Bill Drew

Title: Web Developer
Descriptive Title: Web Developer
Item Number:
Department: Technology Services
Rank:
Salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Start Date: November 2006

maintenance, and update of the college's web site. Responsibility for
both internet and intranet applications insuring functionality,
aesthetics, and that appropriate security measures are in place.
Additional responsibilities include: daily interaction with
administration, faculty, staff and students; providing training as
needed; evaluating technology and planning for new web services;
involvement in the campus community.

Qualifications: Required qualifications include: Bachelor's degree in
Web Development or closely related field; relevant experience; ability
to use multimedia and web page development software; excellent web
programming and database skills; good graphic and creativity skills;
strong written and verbal communication skills; working knowledge of
production systems and testing methodologies; effective problem-solving
and organizational skills; team player with a strong customer service
focus. Practical experience with and knowledge of: e-commerce
applications; web programming; internet; web browsers; e-mail; database
management systems. Must have experience with Web development languages
including ASP.NET/ASP, SQL, HTML/XHTML, CSS, and XML. A working
knowledge of other software packages including Visual Studio, PhotoShop,
Dreamweaver, and e-shopping carts is highly desirable. Oracle experience
a plus. Applicants nearing completion of a Bachelor's degree will be
considered.

Special Notes: Occasional evening and/or weekend work required. Twelve
month obligation. Morrisville State College, located 30 miles from both
Syracuse and Utica, offers more than 75 bachelor and associate degree
programs. The College is the first in the SUNY system to participate in
ThinkPad University and one of the first in the nation with a wireless
program. The College was named America's Most-Wired College for two
consecutive years by Yahoo! Internet Life magazine. The college's
technology initiative prompted the New York Times to call Morrisville
State College, "a college at the forefront of a technological
revolution".

Qualified candidates should send a letter of application and resume to:
Human Resources Office
Morrisville State College
Morrisville, NY 13408

Closing Date: Review begins 10/2/06 and continues til filled

State University College of Agriculture and Technology at Morrisville is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.