[Web4lib] Google Debuts 200 Year News Archive Search

Jim Campbell campbell at virginia.edu
Thu Sep 7 13:37:09 EDT 2006

But if you've got a resolver in there, then you control where the link to
the article goes, not ProQuest or Google.  As long as your users click on
your link and not ProQuest's, then they'll go to your subscriptions.  It
would work just as it does in Google Scholar.  There if Google links to the
Springer site and we have that journal only in InfoTrac, then our users can
skip the Springer link and go to the InfoTrac version via our resolver.

Lobby Google to implement resolver links in News Archive as they've already
done in Scholar.  Fill out those comment forms. Rouse that library rabble.

- Jim Campbell
Campbell at Virginia.edu