[Web4lib] 301 Redirects

Rachel Vidrine rbvidrine at waketech.edu
Wed Sep 6 11:58:10 EDT 2006

Hello, everyone:

If anyone out there has experience with using .htaccess files to create
301 redirects, I could use some help.

I want to redirect this page:

http://www.waketech.edu/library/hsl/hslpage.html

to...

http://www.waketech.edu/library/hsl/index.html

I found that there is already a .htaccess file in the root directory,
so I simply added this line to the code that was already there:

redirect 301 /hsl/hslpage.html
http://www.waketech.edu/library/hsl/index.html

Then I uploaded the new .htaccess file to the root directory. When I
accessed the first URL above, nothing happened.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible there is some configuration
on the server (which I don't have access to) that is preventing the
redirect from working?

Thanks,
Rachel

Rachel Vidrine, MLIS