[Web4lib] Free PDF Converter - w/ a catch

talia679.31931317 at bloglines.com talia679.31931317 at bloglines.com
Wed Sep 6 11:31:09 EDT 2006

Does that mean there are no desktop solutions that don't act like printers?

Nicole

PS.  We knew about those 2 web based options - thanks though!

--- Kevin Devine <kdevine at euclidlibrary.org wrote:
I believe that they
are a number of online web sites that do conversions:
> http://createpdf.adobe.com/?v=AHP

> http://www.pdfonline.com/
>
> I have used both and they produce good
quality pdf files.  They have a
> subscription fee for doing a lot of conversions,
but they are both
> really nice to use if you cannot use a printer-based
solution.

> Kevin Devine
> Euclid Public Library
> www.euclidlibrary.org

> talia679.31931317 at bloglines.com wrote:
> > We are using a package
called SAM by Comprise to manage computer usage & printing
> > on our public
stations.

> > We are looking for a PDF Converter that does not

act like a printer.  Right now we have Cute PDF Writer, but it does not work