[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 6:11 available

Walt.Crawford at rlg.org Walt.Crawford at rlg.org
Tue Sep 5 10:26:51 EDT 2006

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large 6:11 (September 2006) is now
available for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ6i11.pdf

The 22-page issue (PDF as usual, but most essays are also available as
HTML separates from the home page, http://citesandinsights.info/)
includes:

* Perspective: The New Site & COWLZ: A Lost Opportunity?
  The largest essay: Why C&I moved, and the history of COWLZ (such as it
is), from start to (apparent) finish, with notes on the gray literature
of librarianship.

* Bibs & Blather - A few things I'd rather not write about and some
quick followups from previous issues.

* Trends & Quick Takes - 4 "trends" (including a back-and-forth on
gen-gen) and four quicker takes.

* The Censorware Chronicles - 10 things you might not know about
censorware and a new (and better) "Internet filters: A public policy
report"

* The Library Stuff - Nine or sixteen items, depending on how you look
at it.

* My Back Pages - Nine little rants

And for those of you who stayed away for the summer: Don't forget Cites
& Insights 6:10, August 2006: "Looking at Liblogs," a 30-page essay
looking at 213 blogs from library people.