[Web4lib] CMS or something else?

McHale, Nina nina.mchale at cudenver.edu
Fri Sep 1 17:18:41 EDT 2006

Contribute--while it's not a full-blown CMS, depending on your
definition of the word--does this. It's WYSIWYG; in fact, no code view
is even available, and the user interface looks more like MS Word than
Dreamweaver. Web authors create new files based on HTML templates that
the webmaster creates beforehand in Dreamweaver. So, once the template
is there, authors can grab the template, create a new file from it, put
in their content without seeing a single tag, and publish with no extra
markup required by yours truly. It still requires me to come up with the
templates, obviously, but I don't have to touch every file that goes out
there. Other editorial checks are in place for content; for example, the
instruction coordinator has to approve content on any new subject
guides. But, it never has to come to me.

Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS
Web Services Librarian
Auraria Library

Serving the University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences
Center-Downtown Campus,
Metropolitan State College
and the Community College of Denver

1100 Lawrence Street