[Web4lib] Distance Ed and Disability Support Pages

Rachel Vidrine rbvidrine at waketech.edu
Fri Oct 27 14:06:22 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm wondering for those of you in academic libraries, how many of you
have separate pages for Disability Support and Distance Education
Support as part of your library site? If so, do you include links to
these in the  primary navigation menu(s) on your home page?

Below are the links to these pages on our library site:

http://library.waketech.edu/disted.html
http://library.waketech.edu/disability.html

I think that the information on these pages, though important, is
better combined with other pages (like a description of the library and
its collections). In the case of the distance education page, the
information is primarily a redundancy of information provided elsewhere
on the site.

Currently, we have links to these pages in our primary navigation on
our home page under the heading of Services:
http://library.waketech.edu/

I am rethinking the navigation and would like to know what other
colleges are doing.

Thanks,

Rachel Vidrine, MLIS
Web Services Librarian