[Web4lib] How to handle emails to staff from public computers

Tom Keays tomkeays at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:40:48 EDT 2006

We have a Find a Librarian link off the library's homepage that is
tied to a cgi created directory of subject librarians. Click the
contact button next to each librarian's name and it dynamically
generates a contact form for that person.

http://library.syr.edu/cgi-bin/Xselectors.cgi

My only complaint is that the contact form is generated using
javascript (therefore client-side by the browser) rather than using a
server-side scripting language such as php. That probably means there
are accessibility issues that we'll have to address at some point. Oh
well, you use what you have available and it does work quite well.

We also continue to use an email form that  goes to our general
reference account that is done in straight html.

Tom