[Web4lib] Re:How to handle emails to staff from public computers

Dale Irving dirving at sailsinc.org
Thu Oct 26 14:19:22 EDT 2006

I've debated adding a similar feature to our public access PCs using
outlook express (or some other basic client) and an extra staff email
account set up to either block or discard incoming mail (and using the
same acct on all public PCs).  I think your idea about forms is more
elegant, but I had anticipated using this on PCs other than PACs so that
patrons could use email links on sites without having to cut and paste the
address into an internet email client.  The downside to this would be the
probability of crank emails being sent from a library address (although it
could be named donotrespond at ... or something, I suppose)

Dale Irving
Information Systems Librarian
Middleborough Public Library
Middleboro, MA