[Web4lib] IE7 and CSS

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Fri Oct 20 09:39:16 EDT 2006

Youo may also want to look at:

http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer.html

Plone contains an IEFixes.css style sheet that you may want to look at:

http://plone.org/ .

  From a recent plone-users post:
"The bug in the nav tree is a bug in IE6 too, so the only remaining
difference is that the page is very wide in IE7, and that the table used
for the calendar portlet has too much spacing (should be an easy fix)."

IE has handled tables uniquely in the past also.  I wonder why we always have
to add CSS only to handle IE's deficiencies and most other popular browsers
are designed to handle CSS correctly, or have I missed something here besides
industry standards.

Speaking of standards, one of my favorite sigs I've seen on an email:

"The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from" -
- Andrew Tanenbaum

Off topic but interesting:
This was just when tux was just a pixel on a linux box.
"My [Tanenbaum] real job is a professor and researcher in the area of
operating systems."

See: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/appa.html

The link above quotes a newsgroup post