[Web4lib] Cites & Insights 6:13 available

Crawford,Walt crawforw at oclc.org
Thu Oct 19 10:10:54 EDT 2006

Cites & Insights: Crawford at Large 6:13 (November 2006) is now
available for downloading at
http://citesandinsights.info/civ6i13.pdf

The 26-page issue (PDF as always, but major essays are also available as

HTML separates from the home page at
http://citesandinsights.info/ )
includes:

* Bibs & Blather: Should I Care About What You Write?
  - printability revisited

* Net Media Perspective: What About Wikipedia?
  - The saga of Wikipedia, Britannica, and Nature; various commentaries
on Wikipedia; and early stuff on Citizendium (plus two good notes on
library-related wikis)

* Trends & Quick Takes - three mini-essays, four quicker takes.

* Old Media/New Media Perspective: Tracking Hi-Def Discs
- what's happening with HD DVD and Blu-ray and why you should(n't) care

* PC Progress: February-October 2006
- 27 group reviews in 14 categories

* Copyright Currents - catching up on fair use and infringement, DMCA,
orphan works and the analog hole.

* My Back Pages - three snarky little essays (one of them not really
snarky at all)