[Web4lib] Re: Code4Lib 2007 Call for Proposals

Ross Singer ross.singer at library.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 17 07:50:43 EDT 2006

Jakob,

Although I don't know if such a conference currently exists in Europe,
I think you could find a lot of interest (I can think of people from
England, Germany, Denmark, Italy and the Netherlands off the top of my
head that would most likely attend such an event) if you wanted to
organize something similar.  We have had some interest in holding a
Code4lib in Europe, but (and I speak for myself and not Code4lib,
here) I think the logistics (and cost) make that fairly unlikely in
the near future.  We did have attendees from Europe and Asia last
year, but not many.

It would be nice to have more Pan-Atlantic/Pan-Pacific
cross-pollinization of ideas and energy and while holding a separate
event in Europe or Asia (or Australia, Africa or S. America) won't do
much to help that, pragmatically it makes more sense to just start
doing /something/ now.

So, nerd-conferences, be fruitful and multiply!
-Ross.