[Web4lib] wikis in libraries

Ranti Junus junus at mail.lib.msu.edu
Sun Oct 15 10:05:43 EDT 2006

We're experimenting on using wiki for our state-wide project, the Making
of Modern Michigan (http://mmm.lib.msu.edu).  It's still under "beta"
testing even though it's already more than one year.  We use the typical
wiki practice: open for everybody to participate.  Not too many
community members actively  participate using this interface, so quality
control/quality assurance from our part is minimal.

As for our students/faculty/staff users, I don't know what kind of
service that best served by a wiki.  Most of our services are in the
"spoon-fed" fashion. :-)  The library service that involves our users
(beside our Ask a Librarian service), AFAIK, is suggesting a material to
be purchased for our collection; that's done through a web-based form.

thanks,
ranti.

--
Ranti Junus, Web Services