[Web4lib] wikis in libraries

John Loy jml4n at virginia.edu
Fri Oct 13 14:59:31 EDT 2006

Mark,

It sounds like you've got a solution looking for a problem. Would
your library users really want to contribute to a Library wiki? Would
they care enough to take the time? What's in it for them? Also, most
of the publishing uses you mention don't seem to require
collaboration and could easily be realized without a wiki; by almost
any web page/content management tool, in fact.

--
John Loy
Web Designer and Information Architect