[Web4lib] test ideas for web job candidates

Karen Patterson kparlapat at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 11:42:44 EDT 2006

Susan,

If you want to test technical/programming skills, you wouldn't want them to present the plan. That's essentially
concept/design work (creation of specs). I'm not clear on whether you want a programmer or a designer.

In any case, you can certainly ask for a representative "portfolio" of design work that demonstrates general
expertise and design sense. Use of test files behind the scenes can also demonstrate functionality in many
cases. It's easy enough to put web pages onto a CD that can be ported to interviews.

On the programming end, there are a lot of variables, but I would think you would specify platforms, languages,
design software expertise and the like in your search document.

Good luck with your search.

Karen Patterson
MLS Candidate, SCSU
kparlapat at hotmail.com