[Web4lib] Limiting bandwidth

Judy McBrian jbrian at boonvillelib.net
Thu Oct 12 11:51:43 EDT 2006

Please excuse the cross posting.

For some of you this is a dumb question, but if you don't ask you're
never gonna learn nuthin'

I want to create an inexpensive wi-fi for patrons.   The big word with
the Board is inexpensive.
My concern is laptop patrons using out bandwidth for things like gaming
and downloading music files.  That is, by numbers and activities sucking
the life out of our T1
It's bad enough in the summer with every kid on every computer playing
the Runewhatever game.
(No, we don't, and no, I have NO CONTROL over what the Board decides to
allow or not on library owned machines....)
Does anyone have any wise words?