[Web4lib] Privacy Film for LCD monitor

Larry Scritchfield lscritch at cochisecold.lib.az.us
Tue Oct 3 14:18:44 EDT 2006

Richard Wiggins wrote:
> I have a 3M privacy filter, probably the one advertised the most.  It is
> quite effective.  It works pretty much as indicated in the funny ad on TV
> where two guys on an airplane are snooping on the guy in the middle.
> Unless
> you are looking pretty straight on, you can't read the screen.
>
> The only downside is that it also lowers brightness of the screen somewhat,
> no matter how directly you look at the screen.
>
> /rich

At the risk of carrying on an off-topic post...

I haven't seen the ad, but there is another downside. The farther back
you stand from someone's screen, the wider the "cone of visibility."
Someone sitting next to a user can't see the screen, but someone across
the room may be able to discern flesh tones :-)

--
Larry Scritchfield
Systems Librarian