[Web4lib] Conversion between ISBN-10 and ISBN-13

gagnew at rci.rutgers.edu gagnew at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 2 08:57:45 EDT 2006

Everyone,

This is my question also.  I am also wondering, if a conversion is
required, whether this is something that bibliographic utilities might
provide. It would be to OCLC's benefit, as well as ours, to convert ISBNs.
 We will be undergoing a reconciliation of our RLG database with our OCLC
database, as part of the merger between the two entities, and it would be
terrific if OCLC could just solve this issue and replace our ISBNs at time
of reconcilation.

Is anyone from OCLC on this list who can respond to this about OCLC's
plans for ISBN conversion.  Perhaps this is in the works and I just don't
know about it.

Thanks!

Grace Agnew