[Web4lib] Re: CSS Drop Down Menus

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:08:30 EST 2006

> I've been looking for a non-Javascript drop-down/pop-out menu system and stumbled across this:
> http://www.seoconsultants.com/css/menus/tutorial/
> which uses no Javascript but requires an .htc file on the server to define "hover" for list items in IE.

I found that earlier this year and it's interesting, although in my
experiments with text-size adjusting it produced some curious results.

I have since become fond of the menu at Project VII:

which uses a small amount of Javascript.  You'll want to make the top
level link to somewhere so users without Javascript don't lose access.

Bob Sullivan
Schenectady Digital History Archive
Schenectady County (NY) Public Library