[Web4lib] Seeking Recommendations for a Good, Simple Message Board

Rick Mason rcmason at rsproductions.net
Mon Nov 13 16:50:42 EST 2006

Hi Andy,

I don't have much experience with installing and running different
message boards, but I have installed MercuryBoard (
http://www.mercuryboard.com/ ) and found it to be straightforward and
fairly easy to set up.

A great resource for trying out different open source software packages
is http://www.opensourcecms.com/ , which lets you try out a variety of
programs, including playing with their configuration, on their servers.
They re-install the default program every two hours.  Message board
programs are listed under "Forums" in the menu.

Hope this helps!

Rick Mason