[Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

Walter Lewis lewisw at hhpl.on.ca
Thu Nov 9 14:14:59 EST 2006

I was intrigued by the enthusiasm for CSE until I read the Terms of
Service at:

and in particular:
*    "1.5 Exclusivity.* You agree that, during the Term, Google will be
the exclusive provider of Internet search services on the Site. You
further understand that Google will provide the Service on a
nonexclusive basis, and that Google will continue to customize and
provide its services to other parties for use in connection with a
variety of applications, including search engine applications."

Site is defined but I couldn't see something that explained "Internet
search services."

I certainly provide other internet accessible search services, including
services that search domains not my own. Does that mean that I can't use

Walter Lewis
Halton Hills