R: [Web4lib] Lack of discussion of Google CSE and Libraries

John Fink john.fink at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:05:19 EST 2006

I've been messing with it (and, although I am hardly anything even mildly
approaching a prolific blogger, blogging about it at
http://libgrunt.blogspot.com), drawing up a customized search for Ohio
newspaper websites.  I've gotten a positive reaction from a couple of
faculty, which is nice.

I think perhaps people haven't been blogging about it because it's not
really a quantum leap in search -- when you think about it, it's just a
fancy way of defining google's "site:" operator -- so maybe it's not sexy
enough to blog about.  But I can see it being very useful and based on the
reaction I've gotten from the faculty I can see myself defining a few CSEs
and working them into our library pages somehow.

jf