[Web4lib] Account Security and Management

hon hon k7v339 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 11:59:43 EDT 2006

Dear friends,

  The library I am working with currently allow all the subject librarians to access the library web server using the same username/password combo as the webmaster's. Everybody basically can not only manage his own folder, but also possible to mess up other people's folders. It has been working in this way for years and occationally bad things happened when somebody accidentally messed up our library homepage. I am wondering how you guys manage your sites to set up permissions to allow the subject librarians to access the server. Do you create acccount for each individual librarian to access the library server?

  Many thanks,

  Hon