[Web4lib] Could library automation systems track evacuees?

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Wed May 31 10:14:25 EDT 2006

Sunshine, thank you so much for this experienced point-of-view. I have
found myself (as a previously bleeding edge futuring tech type) in the
ironic position of arguing for preserving low-tech collections of critical
information as part of disaster planning and preparedness. I would
encourage libraries to work with their communities on exercises to
simulate disaster response scenarios, and also to keep no-power
no-computer situations in mind as they select and weed electronic and
print resources for their collections.

  -- Patricia Anderson, pfa at umich.edu