[Web4lib] Web Counters

Clinton Lowery clintonhlowery at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 15:32:58 EDT 2006

You can use a service like StatCounter.  With this service you get a reliable set of statistics from entry pages to popular pages to visitor paths - as well as the usual stats such as number of hits & visitors.  It will also get such items as keywords and search engine entries.

All it takes is creating an account and inserting a few lines of code - which they will provide for the project, you simply copy+paste - into each page.

Plus, if you have under 10k hits per day, you can use it for free.

http://www.statcounter.com

Clinton Lowery, Librarian
Integrated Library Systems
Jacksonville Public Library
3435 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32277-2464
(904) 744-2265x319
clowery at coj.net

Rachel Vidrine <rbvidrine at waketech.edu> wrote: I would appreciate some recommendations for Web counters.

I do not have access to the server on campus that hosts our site, so a
Web log analyzer like Analog would probably not be a good choice
(without getting our Computer Services department involved). We
currently have counters on our pages (provided by Computer Services),
but they provide nothing more than a number. I want a counter that is
invisible and provides information on link referrals, search terms,
etc.

Does anyone currently use a counter service that they have found to be
as useful as a service like Analog?

Thanks,

Rachel Vidrine, MLIS
Web Services Librarian