[Web4lib] Web Counters

Rachel Vidrine rbvidrine at waketech.edu
Tue May 30 14:34:23 EDT 2006

I would appreciate some recommendations for Web counters.

I do not have access to the server on campus that hosts our site, so a
Web log analyzer like Analog would probably not be a good choice
(without getting our Computer Services department involved). We
currently have counters on our pages (provided by Computer Services),
but they provide nothing more than a number. I want a counter that is
invisible and provides information on link referrals, search terms,
etc.

Does anyone currently use a counter service that they have found to be
as useful as a service like Analog?

Thanks,

Rachel Vidrine, MLIS
Web Services Librarian