[Web4lib] Using digital game technologies in the information/library sector

John Kirriemuir game at silversprite.com
Mon May 29 06:22:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

I’m looking for examples of organizations in the digital library/information
sector making use of digital games i.e. the kind you find on consoles (Xbox,
GameCube, PS2, DS, PSP) or PCs. This could include:

- using aspects of digital game interface design within digital information
service interface design
- modifying digital games to provide learning or information retrieval
systems
- the application of digital gameplay behaviour to digital library service
use
- the transfer of online gaming technologies to online information service
system development
- the use of digital game consoles to access digital library/information
services

Are you or your organisation/project doing anything like this? I’m compiling
examples and would like to talk; thanks.

Related to this is the Ticer Summer School this August, where I’m doing a
session (“From Dewey to World of Warcraft: Libraries and Digital Games”):
http://www.ticer.nl/06carte/abstract.htm#kirriemuir
Some examples may pop up in there.

Later in the year I will put some results up on the DiGRA website -
www.digra.org - and somewhere in the digital library media.

Regards,
John Kirriemuir

B:   http://silversprite.wordpress.com/