[Web4lib] Podcasting with Skype on Windows

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu May 25 13:58:43 EDT 2006

I'm interested in podcasting interviews created in Skype, but am still
puzzling through how to do this. I found some old tutorials from December
2004 that seemed complicated and required purchasing software, but found a
recent post that suggested using Skype plus Hotrecorder (a basic version of
which is free). Is this the best solution available and/or have any of you
tried that combo? I have it running and it looks o.k., but wanted to make
sure I hadn't overlooked some Amazing New Solution. I also have Audacity
1.2.4 though I don't see any tips for using Audacity to do this--I plan to
use it just to touch up the files.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com