[Web4lib] User Reviews/Comments in Voyager

Joe Shubitowski JShubitowski at getty.edu
Wed May 17 11:38:07 EDT 2006

Chris,

Jim Robertson from NJIT (james.c.robertson at njit.edu) did a great presentation at the recent Endeavor User Group meeting on "Emulating Amazon..what lessons can we learn, and what features can we implement"  I suggest emailing him for details. I am always leery about posting links to other folks conference presentations, so I won't......but if Jim says "yes" to your request, it would be a great PPT for other Voyager sites to peruse.

Best....Joe Shubitowski

Joseph M. Shubitowski
Head, Library Information Systems
Getty Research Institute
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1100
Los Angeles CA 90049-1688
Voice: 310-440-6394
Fax: 310-440-7780
jshubitowski at getty.edu

>>> "Cox, Christopher N." <COXCN at uwec.edu> 05/16/06 8:03 AM >>>
Has anyone figured out how to include user comments/reviews in
Endeavor's Voyager ILS?  We are exploring adding a comment feature to
our catalog records, like Amazon has.  I know there must be a way to
connect the records to a blog or wiki (like wikiWorldCat) to accomplish
this.  I'm happy to summarize for the group.

Chris.

Christopher Cox

Assistant Professor/Assistant Director of Libraries

Editor, Internet Reference Services Quarterly

McIntyre Library

University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue - L 3002A

Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004