[Web4lib] Thank you for your "Wireless Experiences"

Louise Alcorn Louise.Alcorn at wdm-ia.com
Sun May 7 16:26:07 EDT 2006

**I hope you will excuse this cross-posted THANK YOU note**

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing today to thank those of you who so generously provided me
with valuable contributions to the book on Wireless Networking I
produced for Neal-Schuman, which has just been published.  When I took
over the writing of this book, I realized that a significant 'value
added' component would be real-life experiences from library staff who
are already tackling the challenges of implementing wireless in a
library environment.  I sent out pleas to a number of email lists, and
you all responded with generosity, enthusiasm and helpfulness.  Thank
you, Thank you!  This generosity of spirit from my colleagues is one of
my favorite aspects of this profession.

Again, my very great thanks!  Your comments and questions helped me to
frame the book, and I hope helped make it useful to folks in the library
world.

Best regards,
Louise

Wireless Networking: A How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians:
http://www.neal-schuman.com/db/1/371.html

Louise E. Alcorn
Reference Technology Librarian
West Des Moines Public Library